Support on o2c files (Objects 2 See) and o2c Interactive!
#51423 by dmartens
Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:46 am
I am putting together a library of o2c objects created in some of the models I have done. My problem is when I insert the saved o2c object into the drawing, exploded or not, it gets inserted by the mid point of the Z height of the object. I moved the object to Z=0 and my Z was 0 when I saved it. How do I get it to insert at my z-base setting?
Dan
#51424 by Nick Pyner
Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:44 am
I hope you succeed in this, good luck. I gave up on it.

I don't think you should be tempted to get o2c Composer. It is junk, and won't help you one little bit.
#51425 by Mark Toce
Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:11 am
When you use File/Export/o2c to create an o2c object, DataCAD does not provide you with the opportunity to define an insertion point. It automatically sets the insertion point as the center of the X, Y and Z extents of the object. We would have to enhance the program to provide the ability to define an insertion point for the object.

If the sole purpose of creating these objects is to be able to insert them back into DataCAD, you might be better off saving them into a custom symbol library instead. One of the steps in saving a symbol is to define the insertion point.
#51426 by dmartens
Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:56 am
Thanks for the advice Nick & Mark. Guess I'll go the symbol route.
Dan