Support on o2c files (Objects 2 See) and o2c Interactive!
#8406 by peter korzaan
Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:04 am
I want to put the center 'pivot' point of O2c in a specfic spot in plan view. I go to 'Shader' turn alloff but one light, select show light, but can find no way to move it to the location I want.

How can this be done, if done at all?

(I usually just press the Shift after the model is made to drag it to center so that the rotation will revolve around the model, but now I need a more specfic point)
thanks p.
#8436 by Arthur Emmanuel
Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:23 pm
In the shortcut Ctrl+e, we go to the area of transference, select an area delimited inside of the general area and look at o2c most centered to the selected scene.
#8445 by peter korzaan
Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:49 pm
Wooo horsey..
my ctl-e gets me to 'Add to set' menu. This can't be right can it?

..and is this done before we model in 02c or after?
... sorry for my confusion, but could you be a little more definitive of the steps, as nothing you have stated rings a bell.

thanks for the time and help p.
#8454 by Arthur Emmanuel
Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:57 am
In ' Add you set ' menu, selects an area and Ctrl + 2 goes more until o2c centered. Now this is only possible in DataCAD 11.08.01.
#8460 by Daniel Kaczor
Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:04 am
When you get to Shade, click on LtName 1 to turn it on then click on Settings (F0). This will bring up a dialogue box, just above OK is a check box to "Show Lights". This will show your light's position in all views. You can also set your light XYZ position and a whole lot more from there.

HTH
#8473 by devinder
Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:27 pm
In Shader Menu. Click any light (F2 to F8). Clicking will NOT toggle the light source but will take you to a second level menu which has following options:

F2 - This will toggle the light source On/Off
F3 - Intensity of light source.
F5 - Toggle if this light source will cast shadows (Not for o2c)
F0 - Will allow you to click/snap inside drawing area to place the light source. Before you change location make sure "Show Lights" is ON in Shader menu.

Turning OFF "Show Lights" does NOT disable export of light sources into o2c. Only the viewing of lights in drawing is disabled. These light sources are non-printing and non-snappable.

All these settings are also accessible via "F0 - Settings" dialog box under "Light Settings" section. The Light source drop down contains all 7 light source settings.
#8499 by peter korzaan
Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:34 am
that did the job... thanks, I think my question was maybe a little vague