Support on o2c files (Objects 2 See) and o2c Interactive!
#928 by Mark F. Madura
Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:40 pm
Some of you have been watching the announcements at www.o2c.com. The developer, ELECO, has issued a new o2c Player version 2.0.0.2.

Note: If you install this new version, you will lose the ability to create raytraced images. Therefore, rendering properties such as shadows, reflections, and light refraction will not appear.

ELECO has not yet posted a “What’s New?” document or updated documentation. I just wanted to give you a “heads-up”.

Thank You,

MFM
Last edited by Mark F. Madura on Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#949 by DBrennfoerder
Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:44 pm
The loss of raytracing sounds like a major downgrade. I just used o2c with raytracing last week to impress an client and an artist.
Mark: I still wish you could buy the guts of VR make it 32bit and reissue on your own label. It worked when it was active, still works for me now.
#951 by Ross Karp
Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:06 pm
How can you remove new player once installed and reinstall old player?
Can you have both players loaded and operating on the one machine?
The new player seems to be geared toward animated textures which might be OK for flying clouds and waterfalls-where do you get them-will Datacad and o2c provide any?
o2c_2go does not raytrace after loading the new player-will this be permanent?
#1287 by DBrennfoerder
Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:07 am
So I went to the o2c website to see what's going on, naturally it wanted to download the latest viewer, and, as reported, it doesn't raytrace. BUMMER! So, back in DataCAD (11.06) and try to raytrace a project I'm working on for final presentation to the client and my raytrace is gone. BUMMER2! I saw the post suggesting to reload DataCAD (not fun) and the post to reload o2c_Interactive (what about those who don't have that software?) So I reloaded an older o2cSetup--IE.exe dated 11/1/2004 and the software refused to install ("Later version already installed") BUMMER3!. Recommendation, if you use o2c raytracing, don't go to their website, ever. Is the viewer so deeply imbedded that I can't remove just the viewer? :?:
#1291 by David A. Giesselman
Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:32 am
Dwight: Try searching your Windows folders for a file named O2CPlayer.OCX and delete it. You should now be able to re-install an older version.

Dave
#1295 by DBrennfoerder
Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:55 am
Thanks Dave, that file was in my Windows/System32 folder. I had to exit DataCAD to remove it, but the re-installation of the older viewer was flawless and I now have RAYTRACING again. Great response time:25 minutes. Glad to know the bigwigs are listening to the little people. With Autoxxx I'd still be on hold :D
#1398 by Graeme
Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:20 am
Does anyone have a copy of the previous O2C version? In other words the one that came out before version 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
#1408 by devinder
Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:21 pm
Hi,
The old version of o2c installer is located in the DataCAD 10/11 install CD under "\o2c" folder. You will have to first uninstall new o2cplayer from your machine before you run this installation.