Support on o2c files (Objects 2 See) and o2c Interactive!
#16883 by Darryl Werling
Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:35 pm
Hello, been messing around with the o2c viewer and rendering. Can't find the View/Rendering Settings menu. I'm using Datacad 10. Is this not part of the Object Viewer in version 10? or is part of o2c_Interactive? Thanks for the suggestions.
#16896 by Mark Toce
Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:40 am
What version of DataCAD 10 do you have? Open any drawing and select About DataCAD from the Help menu to get the exact version number.
#16901 by Mark Toce
Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:53 am
First, download the free update to DataCAD 10.05.02. Save the file into a folder on your hard drive, such as My Documents, then double click on it to install. Make sure DataCAD is closed during this process.

Once you have installed the update, you can open any drawing and select "Viewer\Shader Color Map" from the "View" pull-down menu to access the rendering settings for your drawing.

The menu name was changed to "Rendering Settings" in DataCAD 11.
#16902 by Darryl Werling
Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:32 am
Thanks Mark, maybe I'm having a brain block. I did the free update. All went well. From the "View" pull-down menu, I still have the "Viewer/Shader Color Map" selection. (Note, I said still.) I had this before and is this selection the actual "Rendering Settings"? The main dialogue box appears with all the options to select. I think you already answered this, but again, the brain thing. Time for the meds. Thanks.
#16903 by Mark Toce
Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:38 am
Darryl Werling wrote: I had this before and is this selection the actual "Rendering Settings"?

Yep - that is the rendering settings dialog. The name of the menu selection was changed to say "Rendering Settings" instead of "Viewer\Shader Color Map" in DataCAD 11.
#16911 by Mark Toce
Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:22 pm
Darryl Werling wrote:Mark, one more question. I can't find the "Shader Settings" dialog box. It's not in the "View" pull down menu. Any thoughts?

There is no pull-down menu option named "Shader Settings" in DataCAD 10. Are you reading some sort of documentation that is telling you to look for this option? If so, what?
#16918 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:35 pm
Darryl Werling wrote:Mark, one more question. I can't find the "Shader Settings" dialog box. It's not in the "View" pull down menu. Any thoughts?

It's in the 3D Edit/Shader menu, the option: F0 Settings.

Miguel
#17013 by Darryl Werling
Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:58 am
Thanks Miguel, found it.
Mark, for your info. I was looking in the Datacad 10 - Advanced Construction Drawing & Visualization guide - section 9 on the 02c. It suggests that you start with these settings, but doesn't tell you how to get there. Thanks again.