Support on o2c files (Objects 2 See) and o2c Interactive!
#20394 by peter korzaan
Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:06 am
Received an o2c via Internet, that the bottom toolbar, the one with the 18 item, view 'Face' icons, lights, perspective etc are not there. (The No Control Bars is not on, so that's not it) Went and did an o2c on one of my files and its there and have no idea where you turn this on or off.

Wonder if this is part of the new non-raytrace latest and worse upgrade that there putting out (at O2c), or is there a place to turn it back on?

thanks p.
#20419 by peter korzaan
Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:20 am
I received a reply on this subject from Jim, and thought I pass it on..

>snip
.. Ah. No faces. Alas, that is a weakness of the o2c Player application. See, o2c Player is diffferent from the o2c applet that comes with DataCAD itslelf. That is to say, when you open a DataCAD aec file and then launch the Object Viewer, you get to see the faces. By contrast, when you have a saved o2c file and then double-click it to view it, your computer then launches the "free" o2c Player mode. No faces in that one. o2c Player is the "freeware" version that launches when you double-click an o2c file. Different animal. ....... use "o2c Interactive," available (at a cost) from DataCAD. .... "
James Horecka, AIA Architect
#20433 by Mark F. Madura
Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:22 am
peter korzaan wrote: use o2c Interactive available (at a cost) from DataCAD -James Horecka, AIA Architect

You can also use o2c2Go which is a freely-distributable version of o2c Interactive.

o2c2Go
http://www.datacad.com/o2c_2Go!/frame.htm

If you associate .o2c files with o2c2Go, then you will get the "enhanced" interface when you double-click on an o2c Object.

FWIW,

MFM