Support on o2c files (Objects 2 See) and o2c Interactive!
#21819 by DAK
Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:16 pm
I'm working on a DCAD model of a new building. When using the object viewer, the center of rotation always starts out at the center of the model. When I scroll in to examine a portion of the model close up, the center will sometimes shift to the middle of that portion of the model within screen extents, which is good. However, more often the center of rotation will not shift, resulting in the portion I want to see rotating of the screen unless I laboriously pan and zoom. I want the center of rotation to remain at the center of screen extents always, what should I do?
#21830 by DBrennfoerder
Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:10 pm
You have to pick one of the elevation icons from the bottom toolbar in the o2c viewer, and use 2 of them (right & rear, left & front) or whatever, just 2 views at right angles. Pick one and center the model (with the toolbar slider) exactly where you want the center of rotation. Then pick the other view (model will jump again) and move it also to center (with the toolbar slider) with your desired point of rotation in the middle of the screen. After you have done that for 2 views, the center of rotation will be right at the intersection of those two screen views. Works great, but won't remember it next time. You can add a "grass" polygon of sufficient size that your center is in the middle of all 3d info. Sometimes that helps. Also, your model should be relatively near 0,0 in DataCAD, not necessarily centered on it, just not miles away.
#28512 by DAK
Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:00 am