Support on o2c files (Objects 2 See) and o2c Interactive!
#31664 by Tony Blasio
Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:38 am
I am looking at using o2c from within DataCAD to output some images for our handouts and marketing materials. I am hoping to make these appear as fully rendered as I can even to the point that they were professionaly done.

My only problem is that I have until this point only used o2c for quick object viewing, nothing fancy.

I figured I would start this thread so that as I run into questions I can post here and someone in the know can help me out. Also I feel this thread would then be useful to anyone else heading down this road.

Here are some images of where I am currently:

These are for an upcoming townhome project handouts. I need to begin using lights to help illuminate things. Question...should I think of the o2c lights as being the light fixtures that would be installed or more like a lighting tool for the image and place whever I get the right results??
#31688 by Mark F. Madura
Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:28 pm
Hello Tony:

You'll need to experiment, but you might try adding a single light to the center of each room for general illumination. o2c lights always cast shadows so you should keep this in mind when you place them.

If you place a light source inside of an object, the object will cast a shadow across the entire room. If the object is translucent (or also has a bitmap texture), the color (or bitmap) will be cast across the entire room. This may or may not be desirable.

The shader light intensity applies to o2c. You can go beyond 100% by placing more than one light at the same location. Obviously, the more lights you have, the longer it will take to render the image.

FWIW,

MFM
#31689 by Mark F. Madura
Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:39 pm
The following is an example of a room (12'x12'x8') with a chair and a single o2c light source in four variations.

- Upper Left: 25% Intensity
- Upper Right: 50% Intensity
- Lower Left: 75% Intensity
- Lower Right: 100% Intensity

Figure 1 Four lighting variations from 25% - 100%

This is the same image, but I adjusted the exposure using ACDSee Pro 2. Sometimes, this can help the rendering to "pop".

Figure 2 Four lighting variations adjusted for exposure

MFM