Support on o2c files (Objects 2 See) and o2c Interactive!
#32318 by A Polaski
Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:15 am
I have loaded a site image as background for the rendered addition image. when shading, the background image is there fine. I need to adjust the angle of the new work to fit in correctly with existing perspective. How do I keep my site image behind the model as I adjust the pitch and angle so my addition is placed correctly?? I remember doing this before (3 years ago or so). But am unable to now. When adjusting the model angles, etc, the background is a flat color. How do I turn this off when using a site image as background. I looked in the o2c dialogue box and menus.. any help, much appreciated.

Al Polaski
#32420 by John Bailey
Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:22 am
from the begining

right click on the background
in pop up menu pick background then load image
select image for background.
now when moving and playing with angle and views background image will be

remember that in the full o2c that views will hold background image so update them accordingly. if you have placed an image but then hit a view that was previously saved the background will revert to the image it was saved with.

hopefully this will help

John Bailey
#32422 by Mark Toce
Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:08 am
You can also click "Rendering Settings" in the "View" pull-down menu within DataCAD, then click the folder icon in the "Object Viewer Background Color / Image" section at the bottom to select a background image. This image will be used each time you open the Object Viewer, without having to reset it each time via the right click menu inside the Object Viewer.
#32456 by A Polaski
Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:41 am
Thanks John and Mark,
This is the process that I am familiar with. However, the background image always defaults to whatever monochromatic color is shown, without regard for the background image. Only when I select render does the background I selected appear. Once I go to manipulate the model it reverts back to a single color background.
Very frustrating, but client OK with simple image sent.
Would like to resolve for future use though.

Thanks again for the input.

Al Polaski
#32462 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:35 am
A Polaski wrote:...Once I go to manipulate the model it reverts back to a single color background.
Very frustrating, but client OK with simple image sent.

Hi Al,

I was not able to find out your version of DataCAD, so I assumed you are using the latest.

Have you checked this icon here, at bottom of Render Setting dialog ?

HTH,
Miguel
#32466 by A Polaski
Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:51 am
Hi Miguel,

I am using ver. 11.08.1 not on ver 12. My dialogue box is a bit different, and no ability to shut off the monochrome color.

Thanks.

Al
#32468 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:00 pm
A Polaski wrote:...I am using ver. 11.08.1

Hi Al,

And this ?

#32469 by A Polaski
Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:13 pm
Yes Miquel,
This is what I have. I have opened the folder, selected a background image in the file window.
The color is still as selected up above where you point.

Selected background image only shows up on rendered object and disappears and defaults back to color when I try to manipulate the model.

Thanks,

Al
#46558 by hlewis
Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:33 pm
How do I get the background image to transfer to the client. I set the background in dcad and it looks great, but when I save the o2c to send to the client, it reverts to the monochrome background.
Is this normal.
Thanks,
Brian
#46566 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:27 pm
A Polaski wrote:...Selected background image only shows up on rendered object and disappears and defaults back to color when I try to manipulate the model.

Hi Al,

I'ts strange the behavior. It should be permanently displaying the background imagem.

Could you check the Object Viewer version ?
The last updated was 1.9.9.149
If you have a previous version, you can download the most recent from here: http://www.datacad.com.br/down/sup-dc/o2csetupocx.exe
and just double-click on Explorer, to a plain reinstall over the other one.

HTH,
Miguel
#46567 by Miguel Palaoro
Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:36 pm
hlewis wrote:How do I get the background image to transfer to the client. I set the background in dcad and it looks great, but when I save the o2c to send to the client, it reverts to the monochrome background.
Is this normal.
Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian,

Unfortunately it is "normal".
You can workaround it by loading the bitmap image file zipped with the o2c model, and instruct to the end user to right click on the o2c Viewer window, choosing the "Background...", picking "Open image...", and choosing the background bitmap you've forwarded.

Too tricky ?
It worths the try!

(Or paraphrasing Fernando Pessoa, possibly the greatest portuguese language poet: "Everything worths a try, when the soul is not too small!")

HTH,
Miguel