Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#79703 by stephen11962
Tue May 04, 2021 4:27 pm
Additional info: The crashing happens with many files not just the file I was working on for some time. So, I thing this is a more global problem than just the one file.

Even more info. I tired starting a NEW file, based on one of my default drawings and the same crashing occurs trying to print, rotating circle at cursor intersection. If I try to do something the screen turns gray, forever.

Final: Reinstalled program and had no change in behavior.
Last edited by stephen11962 on Tue May 04, 2021 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#79707 by stephen11962
Tue May 04, 2021 5:58 pm
Mark

Thank you.

I had changed some settings for the printer when it stopped sharing with my wife. I got the sharing to work but mucked up my pc printing tasks.

This has eclipsed my vast knowledge of IT things. I will have to see if this mucked up the sharing part. I still do not understand why it collapses DC rather than giving some clue that it was not working. Life in the 21st century . . .

Whatever. Thanks again.
#79708 by Dave
Tue May 04, 2021 7:36 pm
Have had similar problems before. Had to clear or delete the windows print spooler.
Think I used this link to sort
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/90615-reset-clear-print-spooler-windows-10-a.html

DaveR
#79711 by Mark F. Madura
Wed May 05, 2021 12:38 pm
The problem may be related to the setting "Let Windows manage my default printer."

From the Start menu, go to Settings. From that dialog select Devices, then Printers & scanners. Scroll down to the bottom of that window and uncheck "Let Windows manage my default printer" if it is checked.
#79712 by stephen11962
Thu May 06, 2021 9:49 am
Thanks to MarkM, JoshH and DaveR
Mark: I am still in Windows7 and could not find "Let Windows manage my default printer" if your suggestion was unique for W10.
Josh: I tried that without positive results.
DaveR: did not go there before doing:
Deleted the printer in question which mysteriously did not remove the printer. The pc found the same(?) printer which now works on my pc (including DC) and my wife can print from her pc to 'my' printer.
Problem solved but leaves me perplexed - probably in my ignorance of higher things IT.

Nevertheless, I am impressed with the generosity of help from this community.

Stephen