Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#3271 by Dick Eades
Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:50 am
I am getting phantom lines printed at the edges of clipped xrefs when the xrefs contain solid fills in v11.07. These lines do not show in the dcad file but do appear in the print preview, the pdf and the print.
#3562 by Steve Scott
Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:30 pm
Dick,
This sounds very similar to a known bug I have frequent problems with. Filled true-type font text located outside of the plot extent window will be projected inward orthagonally (sp?) to the edge of the plot window as phantom lines. These phantom lines correspond exactly to the ouward extent of each character in the text. I got a reply from DataCAD about this once and they said it was a result of the logic they used in the code in creating the pdf files. No fix yet. Just like your situation, they do not show in the DataCAD file, but do appear in the print preview, the pdf and the print.

Ugly twin step-cousins?
#3584 by Dick Eades
Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:26 am
Yep, that's the one. For me it happens with solid filled entities, in this case the building columns and some other filled walls.