Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#3332 by George Kalkas
Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:54 pm
I just upgraded my computer amd am trying to import a dxf file ( pella windows) which I have done more times than I can count. Now, instead of the Assignments dialog box, ( I think thats it?), I get an error msg below saying, "incorrect init file version?"
I copied some of my Sup files over from my old system. Maybe I overlaid something?
I am on version 10.02.01. By the way I tried it from version 11 into the same folder and it works from there.
Can anyone help?
#3336 by Daniel Kaczor
Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:58 pm
Programs which open dxf and dwg files use a file named adinit.dat. The file which is located in your DataCAD 10 Sup (or root) folder is corrupted or overwritten by a version which can not be read by DataCAD 10.

You need to get out your V10 CD or a back-up copy of V10 and copy the file Adinit.dat which is in the Sup folder. These adinit's are fairly specific to versions and usually are not interchangeable between programs. They're the OpenDwg converter. Otherwise you will need to reload DataCAD 10.
#3338 by George Kalkas
Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:51 pm
YES! Daniel! Thank you so much :D . I replaced the file from 9-01 with one from 3-00, and presto! Here come my pella windows for my elevations.

It did change me to millimeters so I changed my scale type to Arch.

Thanks, again. You made my day! ( or should I say, evening)

Have a good day!

George Kalkas