Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#229 by David Souders
Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:15 am
I am using Stickyback in DataCAD 11. I have a problem when it comes to creating new sticky back files. I cannot create any new ones I can only reuse ones that I already have on my computer. Is this a known problem or is stickyback not supposed to be used in version 11?
#234 by deliriousga
Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:33 am
David Souders wrote:I am using Stickyback in DataCAD 11. I have a problem when it comes to creating new sticky back files. I cannot create any new ones I can only reuse ones that I already have on my computer. Is this a known problem or is stickyback not supposed to be used in version 11?

To the best of my knowledge, stickybacks are not used in DataCAD 11. If you click on the top menu's [Edit][Clipboard Select] you can select the things you want to copy to the clipboard (you can also use the shortcut CTRL+E).

After selecting everything you want, click on [Copy] on the left menu (make sure "Insert Pnt." is clicked before this if you want an insertion point) then choose the insertion point if you wanted one. If you didn't have insertion point clicked it will just copy your selections to the clipboard.

To put them somewhere else, click on the top menu's [Edit][Paste] to paste it (you can also use the normal Windows keyboard shortcut of CTRL+V. Make sure you look at the options on the left menu bar before actually placing your paste.

It's a whole lot more efficient than the old "stickyback" way of doing things. I think one of the best additions since DataCAD 9.

Have Fun! :D
#257 by David Souders
Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:24 pm
I have used stickyback as a form of temporary "template" for things I want to use more than once in a few drawings but don't want an actual template for. I use clipboard select on a regular basis as well, but was curious if there was a way to still use stickyback. As a matter of fact, I can use an old stickyback file name to create a new stickyback file for 11, but I can not create a newly named one.
#258 by Neil Blanchard
Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:31 pm
Hello David:

The new v11 symbols (DSF) store layers, just like Sticky Back, and when you use the Symbol Browser (SB), saving a symbol is just as easy as saving a Sticky Back. One advantage DSF's have over Sticky Back: when you paste them "flat" (i.e. onto the active layer) the other layers that are not already in the file are *not* created...Sticky Back has this known bug...

So between Control-E Copy/Cut and Control-V Paste, and the new v11 symbols, there is now full replacement, IMO, for Sticky Back. There are however, a few other things in DC Sprint that need to be brought forward into DataCAD 11.