Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#49376 by Robert Scott
Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:33 pm
When opening a file in SU I receive a notice that the file is in version 6.0.465. When this same file is opened in V6 the transparent problem is not evident.

I'm not sure I'm crazy with all the grouping on the import...really haven't tried this out enough to find out if it is better, worse or different. Having the option would be more better IMO :)

Everything coming in the same color is a pain....that eliminates the option of selecting by material and re painting. Again, it could just be my methods need adjusted and I remain open minded to different options.

I'm still testing how the geometry is behaving itself on import. It appears to be triangulating (not sure if that is the proper term) different...I'll know more as I get into it more.

edit 7/22/2010: Selecting "materials by color" as opposed to "materials by layer" provides both individual color and layers when opening in SU7.
I'm still dealing with the transparency issue.

Robert
#49662 by Roger D
Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:34 pm
Robert Scott wrote:Maybe I should ask is anyone using DCX and SU 7 that is NOT experiencing this issue?

Same here, that's why I am looking here.
#49668 by Robert Scott
Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:41 pm
DataCAD tech support feels the issue may be with Sketchup 7 not DC. I'll try to find out some answers from Google although I think this will be significantly harder than getting answers from DataCAD.

Robert
#63044 by ScottC
Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:59 am
I also had this issue and came here to see what solutions might be available.
What worked for me was to go into the imported colors of the model and modify the transparency slider of each from 100 to whatever then back to 100.
This seemed to wake it up back into to shape... I also have to set the normals in the soften/harden menu to 0 for each group in a similar manner to get nice hard surfaces.
Just have to move the slider to whip it into shape. Quirky bug, but whatya gonna do?