Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#3601 by Steve Scott
Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:27 pm
I think from the responses I received that there's no simple way to revert to a layer order before the LM goof. Neil's idea would be relatively simplified, but there are also layers within those 15 layer menu groups that are off. Oh, well, it might just mean cut/paste into a default file.

Beware using the LM sort functions!
#3602 by joshhuggins
Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:49 pm
One sure way to fix it is to do the following.

1. Find a backup copy of the drawing before the layer order change. (You do have backups right :?: :wink: )

2. Open the current file that has the messed up layers, turn on all the layers. Copy all of the contents of the drawing to the clipboard. Close that drawing.

3. Now open the old version of the file from your backup or session files, turn on all the layers erase all of the old drawings contents, and then paste all of the data from the file with the messed up layer order into the old drawing. Make sure to use the Orig. Layers & Abs. Zero options This will force the data back into the layers in that order and there original location (incase other files and using this file as an xref.) Now save and replace the file with the messed up layer order.

4. Note. If there have been any layers renamed, added or changed between the two versions of the files, you will have old layer names added to the end of the list, but you can easily move that data and change a few layer names and positions around. Hope this helps.

(Edit: just saw you said you might have to cut and paste at the end of your posting. Doh! Oh well now maybe someone else can benifit from my not reading the whole posting.)