Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#3612 by csmckillip
Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:28 am
I have a question on V10 But this will also be in 11. I need to load a new scale into a Datacad drawing. I go to settings, then to editDefs then click on scales, then loadfile, I select my new scale and everything works great. I have saved this file as the dcadwin.scl file.

Now here is my question

Is there a way to have this file load everytime an existing drawing is opened with out going thru all of the steps listed above. Am I missing something here, I would have thought that the default scale "Dcadwin.scl would load this file every time?
#3617 by Daniel Kaczor
Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:55 pm
The .scl file is embedded in the drawing file for the safety of having older drawings look and print as they were intended when created. You can set up your default drawings using the new scale so that all future drawings will use the new scale. Otherwise save the new .scl file as another name and load it when needed. I have about a dozen .scl files for different uses, some not used for a long, long time.