Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#3721 by Philip Hart
Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:23 am
To rejustify text that has already been placed, you use the Justify menu under the Text menu. You are prompted to draw the justification line, then pick the method of justification (left, center, or right) and then pick the text to re-justify. In versions of DataCAD prior to the addition of the Alignment menu, to reset the justification method and quickly get to "Select first point on the justification line" Toolbar commands, Keyboard Macros, or Aliases would look something like this (Alias version shown):

[jl]
comment=justify left
alias=^;^S6^S5^F1^F7^S0^S4^

[jc]
comment=justify center
alias=^;^S6^S5^F2^F7^S0^S4^

[jr]
comment=justify right
alias=^;^S6^S5^F3^F7^S0^S4^

In DataCAD 11.07, these reset the justification method in the Alignment menu, but not in the Justify menu. The values in the Justify and Alignment menus are independent of one another. Hence, the above Aliases don't work as intended.

Question 1: Is this a feature or an oversight?

Question 2: It appears that there are not any Extended Character Codes or Action Codes to force the justification setting. Am I missing something?

Question 3: These could be rewritten to first draw a "fake" justification line so that the justification method would then become available, then exit and re-enter to the "Select first point on the justification line" prompt. How do I write that sequence so that it would work in both Relative Cartesian and Direction/Distance input modes?

Thanks,
#3722 by Tony Blasio
Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:08 am
I think the button label is mis-leading. It should be labeled Re-Justify.

The Alignment function is for new text. The Justify function is for existing text.
#3724 by Jon C. Hubart
Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:32 am
Following are the toolbar sequences I use to re-justify text.

[LEFTJUS]
Hint=Left Justify Text
Icon=LEFTJUS
A=^;^S6^S4^ª^ª^F0

[CTRJUS]
Hint=Center Justify Text
Icon=CTRJUS
A=^;^S6^S4^ª^ª^S1

[RIGHTJUS]
Hint=Right Justify Text
Icon=RIGHTJUS
A=^;^S6^S4^ª^ª^S2

Off the top of my head I don't remember what the double "ª" does but it works.