Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#3757 by Escadarte
Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:24 am
Hi there i was just using datacad 8 for more than 8 years but sudently my computer stoped working and the only thing i could recover was the files in folder datacad.
Now i have instaled datacad 8 in and tried in many computeres and im always getting the same error.
i have in dcx file some folder i have necessary for my companie because i work in wood stairs and i need some measures and options available in old dcx files. i have passed from old folder to new folder on new pc.
The problem is that im getting always an error.
The program open well and all goes well but when i go at toolbox select the dcx file i get always an error message that says " falta llave , insertella o contactar kernex).
i would like your help on this matter since in my country no one could help and my factory is stoped because of this!
hope you can help me on this!
if not understand the problem let me know and i would try to explain again.

Sorry for bad english!

tks in advance!
#3760 by Escadarte
Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:52 am
im triying to use bs.dcx and cam3.dcx and other i don t recall the name!
the language is spanish and the translation is "key not found insert it or contact kernex"
can you help me on this!
i really apreciate your help
#3762 by Neil Blanchard
Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:05 am
Hello:

bs.DCX and cam3.dcx -- I am totally unfamiliar with those. Do you know where they came from? You may have to wait a few hours until DataCAD Tech support is available.

Did the DCX folder from the old computer get copied to the new computer? Have you upgraded to 8.08.05?

http://www.datacad.com/update/update_dc80.htm

This is probably the English version -- I don't know where or how you might get the Spanish version of this upgrade.
#3763 by Escadarte
Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:16 am
yes i ve copied dcx file to the new datacad folder!
and i get spanish version because oficial cd i have here for sw install is in spanish!
and yes i also upgraded to latest version!

how do i contact datacad tech support?

any other help you can give me?
#3780 by Escadarte
Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:47 am
tks for you reply! i will try to contact them by email since i really need this!
#3894 by Escadarte
Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:06 am
they do not reply here and not even by email!
Don t understand why!
#3917 by Miguel Palaoro
Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:10 pm
Hello Escadarte,

If you give me some more information I'll try to help you.

I am afraid I don't know this macros (.DCX) whose names you have mentioned.
Were it purchased from the Spanish dealer, or in other country ?

Have you asked for help from your original DataCAD supplier ?

You've mentioned the original DataCAD CD-ROM is in spanish. Have you contact with the guys at DataCAD in Spain ?

Finally, from where are you after all ?

Thanks,
Miguel