Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#53422 by gcpickering
Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:03 am
A quick question about permanently deactivating a computer with the softlock. Is it possible to permanently delete a computer (using the ip address perhaps?) Say you have an employee with a copy of datacad on their laptop and they were using your softlock. And then they left the company. I understand that you would deactivate their license before they left, but what if they still tried to reactivate? or it was an un amicable split (which one hopes never happens!). I suspect the softlock would be easier to deactivate than getting the hardlock back.
#53426 by Mark Toce
Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:33 pm
gcpickering wrote:A quick question about permanently deactivating a computer with the softlock. Is it possible to permanently delete a computer (using the ip address perhaps?) Say you have an employee with a copy of datacad on their laptop and they were using your softlock. And then they left the company. I understand that you would deactivate their license before they left, but what if they still tried to reactivate? or it was an un amicable split (which one hopes never happens!). I suspect the softlock would be easier to deactivate than getting the hardlock back.

You would want to deactivate the license on that computer and uninstall the software. We can change the password to activate the license, so that they would not be able to use your license ID again.