Ask questions about DataCAD 15, DataCAD LT 15, or previous versions here.
#52665 by leke
Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:39 pm
I still do not find the requirement that 'we go to the cloud' (stupid terminology thought up by some advertising twit) to be in everyone's interest. I am a one man band. I don't go to an office, I work at home. Having to softcloud...whatever can be a pain. If there is a problem, then I have to spend my time doing not what my job is, but try computer geekery, or pay someone else to. So, again, why am I being forced to do something not in my own best interest. I think it would be best to allow users to keep a dongle or 'go to the cloud'.
#52666 by joshhuggins
Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:37 pm
According to the Datacad store webpage, you can still buy a v.X3 hardlock version, but there is a price increase vs. the softlock. Don't know what the future holds for v14.

Hardlock version price increases
+ $200.00 for additional v.X3
+ $100.00 for upgrades from v.12
+ $200.00 for upgrades from v.5-11
+ $800.00 for upgrades from any LT to v.X3
+ $800.00 for first license

Note: These prices may reflect the current sale going on, so these numbers may change.
#52668 by Okcsailing
Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:52 pm
I have to say now my one man office supports four licenses. I like the software lock for notebook and found it will also allow two datacads on one machine using xpmode in windows 7. I thought I got confused and lost before, look out world!!!!!!!

Way to go Datacad!!!!!!
#52712 by jimgoodman
Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:14 am
Mark F. Madura wrote:Hello Alan et al.:

You do not have to uninstall first. We now have a dedicated updater for updating any previous DataCAD X3 'Hardlock' installation to a 'Softlock' installation.

MFM


I purchased an upgrade to the latest version but would like to install over my current installation without having to uninstall it.
Where can the dedicated updater be found?
#52716 by Mark F. Madura
Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:12 pm
jimgoodman wrote:I purchased an upgrade to the latest version but would like to install over my current installation without having to uninstall it. Where can the dedicated updater be found?

DataCAD X3 Updater Download Manager (Softlock Only)
http://www.datacad.com/download/datacad/Download_DataCADX3UpdaterSLK.exe

You can also manually force either a hardlock or softlock install by issuing the command line parameters /hl or /sl respectively.

DataCADX3Setup.exe /hl or DataCADX3Setup.exe /sl
DataCADX3Updater.exe /hl or DataCADX3Updater.exe /sl
DataCAD13.06.02.exe /hl or DataCAD13.06.02.exe /sl
#52720 by jimgoodman
Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:56 pm
Mark: Thanks for the updater and command line options.

The registration process was easily and quickly completed without any issues. :D

Is it possible to convert an existing hardlock installation to softlock and if so, what is the cost?
#52721 by Mark F. Madura
Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:41 am
jimgoodman wrote:Is it possible to convert an existing hardlock installation to softlock and if so, what is the cost?
You can exchange any of your DataCAD X3 USB Hardlocks for a DataCAD X3 Softlock (License ID and Password) for a flat fee of $25.
#52797 by Okcsailing
Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:04 pm
Well software lock failed!!!!! Installed on Notebook deativated and installed on XP mode in windows 7 on desktop. deactivated the other day. Went to ativate to night as going to out of town meeting in the morning. You got it no license avalible. 5013 was the code no license and on no computer.

Who let Murphy in here???????????????
#52798 by MtnArch
Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:25 pm
YIKES!!! Has to be Dave and Mark's worst nightmare right now (besides yours!).

I have to admit that I have not tried to deactivate and reactivate my softlock license. I guess I need to try it, too.
#52803 by Mark Toce
Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:52 am
Okcsailing wrote:Well software lock failed!!!!! Installed on Notebook deativated and installed on XP mode in windows 7 on desktop. deactivated the other day. Went to ativate to night as going to out of town meeting in the morning. You got it no license avalible. 5013 was the code no license and on no computer.

Who let Murphy in here???????????????


What is your name? What is your License ID? Perhaps you should call in to Tech Support so that we can troubleshoot the problem...
#52824 by Okcsailing
Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:58 am
Well I sent email to Mark.

Good thing I was at AIBD quarterly meeting today and not custom client. Wanted to share the neat new software lock, instead just left the notebook home.

Just a Human some places require a lot of letters after name.
Marc F. Wilson, CPBD, AIBD, NCBDC
#52836 by Okcsailing
Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:40 am
Well up and running again Thanks to Mr. Toce. I have no clue what happened how ever softwarelock on notebook and staying there. Removing from VM xp-mode on desk top and continue using hardware lock on the desk top alone. Xp-mode reserved for estimator and other old programs not liking Windows 7

Two hardware locks staying in draw till need more computers / help. Three monitors and two computers is all I am alound to run at any one time. I saw the boss in the mirrow this morning and that is what he said! :lol: Oh well guess I have to keep praying for him!

Thank You Mark!
#53333 by David Ramey
Wed May 25, 2011 3:12 pm
The only problem I forseee is a computer going south (like catching fire) at which point there would be no way to log off but you also can't trust the internet and can loose dongles. Maybe the solution would be to have the very same solution that WOW has. Use on whatever machine you like but not 2 at the same time.

That still depends upon the net but not on an 8 year old computer.
#53334 by Mark Toce
Wed May 25, 2011 3:30 pm
David Ramey wrote:The only problem I forseee is a computer going south (like catching fire) at which point there would be no way to log off but you also can't trust the internet and can loose dongles. Maybe the solution would be to have the very same solution that WOW has. Use on whatever machine you like but not 2 at the same time.

That still depends upon the net but not on an 8 year old computer.


We have the ability to deactivate an installation, should your computer cease functioning before you are able to deactivate the license.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

About DataCAD Forum

The DataCAD Forum is a FREE online community we provide to enhance your experience with DataCAD.

We hope you'll visit often to get answers, share ideas, and interact with other DataCAD users around the world.

DataCAD

Software for AEC Professionals Since 1984