Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#52627 by Jim Allen
Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:17 pm
Hi, I have three files that I needed to export to dwf format for a client. In DataCAD X3 I bound the sheets to a layer then did the export of that layer in each file. When I tried to open them in "Free DWG Viewer" by Brava! that I use as a viewer for dwg files and also does dwf files, they won't open. There is a message that they are open in another program. So I was going to remake them once to see if something went wrong and I couldn't write over them because it says they are open in another program. When I try to delete the dwf files there is a message "Error Deleting File or Folder", Cannot delete..... Close any programs that might be using the file and try again. I then closed DataCAD X3 and I can delete the file, but now I get a message when I try to open the file in my viewer that it can't find an external reference file. "File not found: Corrupt File" Effect on file load: Warn. But at least I can delete the dwf file.

I saved the DataCAD X3 files to DataCAD 12 version and did the dwf exports of the sheets and have no problem opening them in my viewer now. So not a problem here today, but maybe someone would check into DataCAD X3's export of dwf files to see if it is working as it should. Or is it just me, or something in my files:)

Jim Allen