Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#52727 by Clayton Taylor
Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:07 pm
To all,

For some reason the move to front or behind has decided not to work on some existing plans. I don't no what I've done to change this, so I'll explain briefly. I'm using an old hand drawn plan, scanned & imported into DataCAD as a jpeg. The plan had no text, hatch or fills on it. Previously I added all of this info on top of this plan & it printed o.k; i.e. in front of the jpeg plan.

However I needed to update this plan, so the plan was saved out to another name, but somewhere during the editing, the text & one hatch pattern is now hidden behind the main jpeg floor plan & remains so when printed. The only item that seems to remain in front of the jpeg plan is one fill wall shade.

Any ideas for a fix on this will be most welcome.

Many thanks in advance
#52728 by joshhuggins
Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:59 pm
Identify the color of the image, if it is set to a color that is mapped to a pen that prints before the pen/colors of the items that are getting hidden, change the image color to a color/pen that prints after the other objects. Sometimes when changing colors of entities that are over images, you may have missed the intended entity, and picked the image. Check that the Map Fill Colors is check in the Pen Table. Also check the Pen Table and make sure under 'Bitmaps and Fills' that it is set to In order, unless your sure you want all images/fills to use one of the other two options.