Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#52784 by Bob Shaw
Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:31 pm
I imported an Autocad file into a new drawing. No problem. There is a floor plan in that imported file that identifies as an XREF. I would like to explode it to lines. I can't seem to find a way to do it. Symbol explode doesn't do it. Is it possible?
#52787 by Bob Shaw
Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:15 pm
Hi Neil,
I want to explode it to lines to edit it. These are the only Autocad files I have to work with so I don't have the luxury of asking the previous architect to send me a new file. I guess I can always trace the plans, but that would take a lot of time.
#52788 by joshhuggins
Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:48 pm
If you Ctrl+Right Click on the xref, and click Xref Tools, Bind, To Original Layers, it will add the entities to your drawing. Neil uses the correct term of Bind, but it will do what your wanting ie; "explode" the xref.
#52792 by Bob Shaw
Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:35 pm
Josh.
That did it.
Found out that when I imported that Autocad file it automatically created another AEC file which held the info for that Xref. By going into that file I could also copy that plan and drop it into a new drawing file. So, same outcome, different route.