Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#52911 by ORWoody
Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:48 am
About mid-week, I had a drawing file crash. It happens so seldom now that I've begun to think of DataCAD as bullet proof. I sent it to Tech Support and they quickly returned a repaired .arf file. Unfortunately, I couldn't open that one either.
I redid the section files that were giving me the problems because I was unable to open the repaired file.
This morning, I wondered if it wasn't the original file that was corrupting the process, but was one of the files that were using that file as an XRef. Why, I wondered, I have no idea. Perhaps it was because tech support said that they could open it, yet I couldn't.
So, since all of the other files were now deleted and re-done, I tried to open the repaired file. It worked perfectly.
I wouldn't think that target files could affect the original, but we are getting to the point where we ask tech support to perfect everything in every direction. It's getting more incestuous than a Kentucky family back in some "holler."
That it works so well so often is amazing.
I sure am glad that I chose DataCAD long, long ago.