Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#3892 by sledge
Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:28 pm
Hi every one
Please excuse if this has been covered previously BUT

Old version MCR files used to look something like this.
A^·^È;^S5^S1^¸^É
B^·È^;^F0^S8^S2^F1¸^É
C^·^È^;^F0¸^É
D^·^È^:^F8^F1^¸^É
E^·^È^;^F6^¸^É
F^·^È^;^F9^F1^¸^É^
G^:^F6^F1^F1
H^;F9^F4^
I^·^È^;^S1^¸^É
J^·^È^;^F9^F5^¸^É
K^·^È^;^F8^¸^É
L^I^$^S8^SO
M^·^È^;^F4^¸^É
N;^F1^F5^F8
O^:^F6^F3^F1^F2
P^·^È^:^S5^¸^É
Q^:^s9^
R^·^È^;^S4^¸^É
S^·^È^;^F5^¸^É
T^·^È^;^S6^¸^É
U^·^È^;^S8^S0^¸^É
V^·^È^V^S5^¸^É
W^·^È^;^F9^F7^¸^É
X^·^È^:^F7^F4^¸^É
Y^;^S2^F4^F8^F5^F2^F8^F0^F2^S9
Z^·^È^;^F9^F4^¸^É

Version 11 MCR files look like this
A^13#^
//curves menu
B^24#^
//templates menu
C^8#^
//change menu
D^28#^F1^
//dimension/linear menu
E^m^S0^F6^
//2D\3D enlarge menu
F^48#^
//cleanup\fillets
G^20#^
//geometry
H^31#^
//freehand
I^7#^
//identify
J^51#^
//cleanup\2-line trim
K^32#^
//link entities
L^15#^
//line type menu
M^m^S0^F4^
//2D\3D mirror
N^:^S6^F1
//new drawing
O^:^S3^F8^S0^
//enable or disable perpendicular object snapping
P^:^S5^
//plotter menu
Q^:^¸^É^S9
//quit
R^12#^
//polygon menu
S^m^S0^F5^
//2D\3D stretch
T^14#^
//text menu
U^107#^
//3D entity menu
V^106#^S9^
//3D views menu
W^52#^
//cleanup\weld line
X^26#^
//measures menu
Y^34#^
//directory
Z^19#^
//display scale

How do I manipulate this latest format?

Many thanks in advance

Steve
#3893 by Nick Pyner
Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:57 pm
Steve the answer is just as it looks. You can use the old stuff. My MCR file is a mixture of old and new.
#3896 by Philip Hart
Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:46 am
The newer version utilizes Action Codes (number followed by #), Extended Character Codes and Keyboard Interrupts to access menus. The earlier version used Extended Character Codes and Keyboard Interrupts, but not the Action Codes.
#3898 by Tony Blasio
Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:59 am
Any line that starts // is a note for the user to help you know what the code in the line above means.
#3937 by sledge
Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:46 pm
O^:^F6^F3^F1^F2^F2
This extended character code version opens the offset command in Perp Dist (hopefully).
What would be the equivalent in Action Codes. Does this later version using action codes offer any advantages re customisation.

Steve
#3939 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:35 pm
Hello:

Here's the Alt-O Offset that I use:

Code: Select allO^Ä^20#^F3^F2^F2

That Ä^ is optional -- it is a "klingon" from the DOS days; and it supresses the menu changes, so you don't see the flashing -- but if your computer is decently fast, this won't matter...

This one always takes you to the distance you want, but it leaves the previous distance in place, so you can repeat it if you want. :wink:
#3957 by csteidel
Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:30 pm
There does not seem to be one central place where all the codes we can use in Toolbar DTB files and Keyboard shortcut MCR files are listed and their uses and differences explained.

For example, the DDN site has a list of extended character codes, and at the end of this list are (14) 4-digit codes with # at the end (action codes?).

The V11 "what's new" lists (20) action codes (3 and 4 digits) in its DTB section... but no 2-digit ones like those found in the new v11 mcr file (see sledge post above). Also those action codes don't correspond with the 2- and 3-digit "Built-in Menu Function Numbers" (also from the DDN).

Also, there seem to be new codes that are used in DTB files... the reference manual shows "L=" and "A=" codes, but now there is "B=" to take you to a symbol folder. Are there more we don't know about?

One of DataCAD's BEST features and one that has helped our office productivity tremendously is the ability to customize these files. If they were explained clearly, maybe more people would attempt making their own toolbars and keyboard shortcuts.
#13289 by marko
Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:29 am
One of DataCAD's BEST features and one that has helped our office productivity tremendously is the ability to customize these files. If they were explained clearly, maybe more people would attempt making their own toolbars and keyboard shortcuts.

Right - so, please - - - does anybody have an idea where to find more guidelines for customizing a keyboard macro? The manual only points out the basics, but what other options do we have?
I have seen various characters like $ # ` ´ etc. in macros but what do they stand for?
#13290 by Tony Blasio
Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:30 am
The $ is for enter. So if you were calling a Macro it would read like:

dcsprint$

roofit$

The # sign is for calling a menu function number within a string of commands. Previously if you used a menu function number that is all you could do, no additional keystrokes.