Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#4116 by artmanvt2000
Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:50 am
The artical in the July issue of Cheap Tricks on "Bitmap Import Calibration" is great. I would recommend that any inserting images into Datacad to read this artical. I just have one suggest when considering the enlargement of the image. I found that setting the image to a certain width and height i.e. 11"x17", by using some photo editting software, then inserting the image into Datacad with a box that is 11'-0"x17'-0". When it comes time to enlarge the image all I have to do is look at the scale the drawing was drawn at, for example the if the drawing was at 1/4" = 1'-0" I enlarge the image by a factor of 4. I have already enlarge the image by 12 when I used a box that is in feet verses inches. I find that this is very close and the only other enlargement that needs to happen is an X or Y enlargement to account for xerox and scanning distortion, as reviewed in the "Bitmap Import Calibration" artical. I hope everyone finds this helpful.