Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#4139 by Michael
Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:32 pm
I upgraded to version 10 last week.
The program has been running well until today.

I'm randomly getting "No Hardlock found " messages while working on files.
I've downloaded and installed the updated HASP and Hardlock drivers. The Hardlock (USB) is in place and the red light is on. I've tried switching USB ports, but keep getting the messages after working on files for 10 minutes or so.

Once I also got the message:
"Exception EDATACAD Invalid Operation in module DCADWIN.exe at 0026CIE9. DataCAD (internal diagnostics) fault 11 Error from: 809."

Another time I recieved the same message except "Error from: 736."

Your help would be appreciated. I have a deadline to work on this weekend.
Thanks,
Michael
#4140 by joshhuggins
Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:13 pm
I have certin device that if plugged in, will make datacad 11 think the hardlock is unplugged. My Blackberry does it, a flash memory stick, a USB Harddrive, and my Creative Nomad Zen. Usually I can unplug and replug the hardlock, and it will continue for about another couple hours or so. It's weird. i'd try unplugging everything you don't need and try that for a while. if all seems o.k. then one by one try plugging in your devices and let that configuration run for a few days, then add another. You should be able to find the device(s) that cause the problems.

I too have been getting a fault 9 Error from 809, and just today I got a Error from 736 from a old bad symbol. I sent the symbol into Datacad tech support to be looked at. Currious, what type of usb devices and printers are you using?
#4144 by Michael
Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:18 pm
I have a Cannon Cannoscan LIDE 35 scanner and a Compaq IJ650 printer plugged in. I have the chords plugged in, but not the devices for an IPAQ PDA and a Minolta camera.
#4311 by Miguel Palaoro
Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:20 pm
Hello Michael,

Try the following:

1) Uninstall your printer and install it again later, after having worked some time.

2) If this is not enough, do the same with the scanner.

HTH,
Miguel