Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#4191 by BTW
Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:47 am
Not being lucky enough to have a full size plotter, I print most of my floor plans on a standard printer using 8.5x11 paper. Some times I have to print plans at a specific scale.

Is there an easy way to have it print all sections of a plot (multiple sections of the plot that can be taped together) without having to move the "Quick Layout" to different sections, then print.

Thanks
Brian
#4193 by Daniel Kaczor
Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:19 am
If your printer has the ability to "tile" print, then you can print directly from LT. If not, then get one of the free (or pay) versions of a pdf writer, like pdf995. Install then print your sheet to pdf, then tile print from Acrobat.

HTH
#4308 by Miguel Palaoro
Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:32 am
Hello Brian,

Please, try also the Go-To-View + Clip-Cube abilities.

1. Select the sheet part you want to print isolated. Create a CC from there.
2. Save a GTV with the Clip-Cube ON.
3. Choose the first GTV with 'Shift+1 (using number from above the keyboard)'.
4. Enter Print/Plot, and adjust your quick layout and print.
5. You can select the next GTV using 'Shift+2' without exiting Print/Plot. What you can't do is to forget to relocate the 'quick layout' for each new GTV, but you will not need to navigate around the full sheet.

You can fastly switch from one GTV to another using Shift + each one of the numbers from above the keyboard.
You can also create easily new Clip-Cubes using the "Viewer" toolbar.

Hope this helps,
Miguel