Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#4243 by cadline
Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:27 am
It has been so nice to have a rotating area ones the curser had been changed to a tangent line.

It would be really great if the horizontal and vertical dimensions can also rotate to match a tangent line.

Eugene Barnard
DataCAD South Africa
#4249 by Philip Hart
Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:11 am
When working in tangents, once you enter the editing command and pick the first point of the area box, there's an option at F2 "Rotate." This rotates the area box so that it is orthoganal to the cursor. Once selected, it stays turned on. This was a new feature in v11, I think.

As far as I know, you still need to use "Aligned" in the dimension menu. I agree that it would be nice to have the option to make Horizontal and Vertical dimensioning orthoganal to the cursor when working in Tangent.
#4305 by Miguel Palaoro
Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:05 am
This is a good idea.

Perhaps when 'Aligned' is ON on "Dimensions/Linear", it could allow to become 'aware' of a tangent state.

Thanks,
Miguel