Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#56753 by GuyS
Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:39 pm
Is there an easy way to convert my DataCAD drawings to AutoCAD? Although the DataCAD converter does do a quick convertion over to AutoCAD I find the resultant files do things like duplicate layers.... making it more difficult for the AutoCAD receiver to use the files. Is there a good approach/methodology for doing this? My work is all commercial TI work and I am being asked to do the space planning and design for base building architects. Layers get duplicated, line types don't always convert over correctly etc. etc.

Here is the work flow. The architect sends me an AutoCAD file of the base building. I do the space planning, TI design work for a portion of the plan, and then send it back to him to incorporate my DataCAD file (that's been converted to AutoCAD) to be embedded into his dwg files.