Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#56806 by shkoehle
Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:50 am
Hi,
I am running the current version of 14.01.02.06(s) that I recently upgraded from version 13.
I seem to be missing the "Command Line". This is where I could enter line length etc,or see text as I was entering it or editing it.
I checked the manual and all of the tool bars. I don't see anything named "Command Line".
Where could it have gone? How do I get it back
#56809 by joshhuggins
Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:42 am
If you already have tried turning on the Coords & Hints toolbar & that didn't work, it may have been drug off screen or something in the settings got messed up. With Datacad closed, open the Datacad 14\Support Files\DcadwinToolbars.gui file with notepad and delete the [TBMessage] section. Close and save DcadwinToolbars.gui file and restart Datacad. This should reset the Coords&Hints toolbar back to the bottom the the main screen.
Code: Select all[TBMessage]
Rev=2000
Visible=1
DockedTo=TBDockBottom
LastDock=TBDockBottom
DockRow=1
DockPos=0
FloatLeft=150
FloatTop=120
ClientWidth=826
ClientHeight=32
#56810 by Roger D
Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:46 am
I thought that also Mark, but it's really the one with the "Message" as the title that shkoehle is looking for.
I've turned off all toolbars and still have that one on.
How does one get this one back in the default position?
#56811 by Mark Toce
Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:18 pm
Roger D wrote:I thought that also Mark, but it's really the one with the "Message" as the title that shkoehle is looking for.
I've turned off all toolbars and still have that one on.
How does one get this one back in the default position?

The directions Josh posted above will solve the problem if it is indeed the Message toolbar that is missing. There's no option to turn that toolbar off through the interface, so I don't know how it could have gotten lost.
#82486 by tonymaiocco
Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:40 pm
I've had the information bar disappear a couple of times. Actually, it was hidden behind the taskbar of my PC screen. I'm using Windows 10. I went to settings and "ease of access" I changed from 100% magnification to 125% and then switched back to 100%. Then I minimized and maximized my DataCAD 21 LT drawing area. I may have done one or both of those procedures more than once.
I also remember dragging the bottom of the DataCAD screen down to the top of my PC's taskbar to make the full drawing area available. At that point, I already had the message bar showing. Previous to doing that dragging, there was some wasted space.