Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#4252 by jmorgan6
Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:03 am
I installed the HASP hardlock driver in order to be able to use 11.
I now need to look at a .dc5 file that I do not want to convert to .aec.

I re attached my 10 hardlock and get "hardlock not found"

Went to datacad.com and do not see a driver for 10.

Is the hasp driver supposed to work for 10?

Should I reinstall the 10 driver fron disk and will that conflict with the hasp driver.

10 has been resident and previously worked as well as 11 on this box.

Hep Me

John
#4253 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:26 am
Hello John:

I believe that if you were to (re)install both the WinXP HASP driver and the newest hardlock driver, with the v10 (LPT?) hardlock installed -- that it should then work?
#4258 by jmorgan6
Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:55 pm
:lol:
I have previously used 10 and 11 on this same box coexisting with respective hardlock and installed drivers.

I did remove the 10 hard lock to use on another box.

I have been plugging along on 11 and only use 10 on an occasion.

I do use dual monitors and have noticed that often offset and wall line width
changes do NOT take, possibly because these flooting tools are not on my primary monitor.

I have downloaded and installed the newest driver from datacad for 10 style hardlock, have not installed a new HASP driver since that is not a problem
with 11.

I am assuming that I have a hardware conflict, but will try the key on another box to check for key failure.

Thanks

John
#4266 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:32 pm
Hi John,

Are they both LPT hard locks? When they worked together, were they in a different "order' on the port? Have you tried the v10 hardlock by itself? Or, as you say, check on another machine to see if that v10 is still working...

I assume that there were no changes made in the BIOS for the LPT port?

Why not try reinstalling the HASP driver and then the HL driver? Computers and software can be flaky...as I'm sure that you know! :o
#4272 by jmorgan6
Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:52 pm
11 uses an usb key
10 uses LTP

Both have previously worked at the same time (had 10 & 11 working at once)
#4281 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:12 am
Hello John:

I would look in the BIOS to see what the "mode" is for the LPT port -- these have been known to get changed. I would ask Mark Toce what mode it should be set to. If the HL works on another machine, then this is fairly likely to be the problem. It is also possible that the LPT port has simply failed -- though I hope not! If so, you will have to either add another LPT port (with a PCI card), or exchange your LPT HL for a USB...
#4297 by jmorgan6
Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:05 pm
as usual, vexing problem, simple solution.

Datacad ltp hardluck key wants to be first in line.

Printer and other hardklock key on LTP port worked fine.

Rearranged the key with datacad key first in line and bingo everything works fine again.

Thanks abunch

John :oops:
#4315 by Miguel Palaoro
Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:13 pm
Hello John,

In despite of your embarassment feel, you have just added a good tip for us: to put the Parallel HL on first place in line.

It is likely because Aladdin hardlock is 'more transparent' then other and if it is placed after another, this other key can be putting a shadow to the required bi-directional communication.

So, thanks for this opportunity to learn some more.
Miguel