Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#4254 by George Kalkas
Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:59 pm
Hi, there,
A while ago, I was helped on the forum, as my File-Import would not work ( June 14 post - Can't import dxf).
Today, Import works great.
However, each time I do an Import, my scale type is changed from Arch to millimeters.
Is there an easy way to fix this so that I don't have to switch back from millimeters to Arch inches each time I import something (usually a window elevation)?

#4257 by devinder
Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:26 pm
Open "Program Preferences..." dialog from Tools pulldown menu. Under DXF/DWG tab you can set your default settings for import/export. You need to change "Base Unit Value" drop down to "1 inch".
#4262 by George Kalkas
Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:31 pm
Devinder,

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it, but I still get the same problem. I have to actually go to Settings/Scale Type and change MilliMtr to Arch, after I do each import? --Strange--.
Could that be related to the Adinit.dat file I replaced? :idea:

Thanks again.
#4314 by Miguel Palaoro
Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:04 pm
Hello George,

I haven't noted the version you are working with. I am assuming that it is DC 10. In DataCAD 10 you will get it working precisely as Devinder said.

You can check it by yourself. If you change the Base Unit in "Program Preferences/DXF-DWG" you will get it by default, each time you open an Import dialog.

If you prefer to choose each time a different base unit for importation, you will get that scale type only for that file, and you will need to change to your preferred scale type.

The default base unit is reported in the "Transfer.INI" file, located in "\Sup" folder of your installation of DataCAD. It is a text format file easily editable. But, please pay attention to avoid misfunction later.

If it is not working this fine, try verify the last available update.
Perhaps you are with an unupdated version.

Hope this can help you,
Miguel
#4492 by George Kalkas
Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:00 pm
Miguel,

Thanks so much to you and Devinder for your help. With a one-man office, one can feel pretty isolated, when a problem comes up.

I tried the suggestions, and finally took your last one re upgrading from 10.2 to the most recent 10.0 version. ( I have 11 but haven't made the jump yet)

Well, that did it! :D

I went to file import, and imported my dxf window. Than I did a measures - line and I WAS STILL IN FEET AN INCHES!

Thanks, again. I really appreciate this forum :!:
#4496 by Miguel Palaoro
Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:06 pm
Hello George,

I am glad to hear that. And I am sure also many folks on the forum are feeling so.

One thing you can note absolutely. DataCAD is a community, where no matter being you a one-man office or a single piece on a big enterprise, you will never feel isolated.
You can count on many devoted friends that will love to contribute to help you.

You are very welcome.
Miguel