Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#57233 by DBrennfoerder
Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:50 am
For years, we have stored all DataCAD files on one remote computer, curiously named LOBO by a former architect (actually still an architect, just a former employee) and hundreds of files have xRef designations that read \\LOBO\c\_Projects.... etc. My Vista laptop prefers to use drive mapping and that remote machine is my drive Z:\.

Is this a problem? I know that DataCAD is supposed to look first in the nearest file where the drawing is stored and the drawing file and xRef sources are always in the same folder on LOBO, but the xRef manager may show some references to Z:\ and others to \\LOBO\c\. Is that OK?

I thought it would be smart to make my Vista laptop actually reference to \\LOBO\ if that was possible, but the local techi says that drive mapping is more dependable, so all other computers would find LOBO at their own drive Z.

If I do that, have I just destroyed hundreds of previous xRef's or will DataCAD find everything correctly? I don't want a situation where I have to remap every old file that I open from now on.