Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#4386 by AT2
Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:33 am
I am trying to set up a details library for our office. I have a lot of details and getting ready to put into the folder library, when I import the details from the library, I have 2 options to import them, one is import them w/ out explode them or put them into current layer. What if I don't want them to go the current layer? Cause inside my details I have dim, text, hatch, wall...etc.... They are all on its own layer. Is there anyway we can get around this?

thanks

AT
#4387 by Tony Blasio
Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:36 am
How are you importing them?

If you are inserting as an XREF then the XREF manager will be useful for controlling the layers.

If you are copying and pasting them then you can certainly keep the layers.

If you are saving them as symbols then in DC11 there is an option to explode them to their original layers.

I guess it all depends on how you are bringing these details in.
#4389 by AT2
Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:39 am
ha..ha.. after when I post it.. I figuer it out.. I just import them w/ explode, but not cick the current layer... I feel petty dump now to ask my question.

thanks

AT