Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#4395 by bruceb
Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:09 pm
Greetings forum members,

Some how I have slipped a setting. Using DC 11.07 and Win 2000, a crash occurs when the program attempts to look up a file. I first noticed this when I tried to change files with Symbol Browser. I then went to tools/preferences to see if I had a path problem, and a crash occurs when I click the button to the right of the path names to try to edit the pathnames. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Bruce Bartley
#4399 by Philip Hart
Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:59 pm
You can check your paths without starting DataCAD by opening the file program files\datacad\dcadwin.ini. (You should be able to double-click on the file and have it open in Notepad) The Paths section will show your current settings - you can make necessary changes here, making sure to save the file upon exit.

Hope this helps
#4409 by bruceb
Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:47 pm
To clarify my previous post, the crash occurs when the "browse" window would normally be called up from DC11. My path names looked OK. I am wondering if it is a conflict with a windows setting, norton av, or spysweeper?

Bruce
#4410 by joshhuggins
Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:32 pm
It's probably a bad symbol. Here's a previous threadon this topic, and how I delt with mine. COuld be somthing else though.