Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#4417 by Rudy Smolders
Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:39 am
when I insert/paste an image into a drawing and send the drawing over the internet, all the other side sees are empty squares where the images are supposed to be. The message comes up that the drawing contains orphaned bitmap images.
Do I have to send the images seperately as well or is there another trick?

Rudy Smolders
#4419 by Nick Pyner
Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:06 am
Hah! I've been waiting for this.
When you "insert" a picture or an XREF it isn't part of the drawing, you just get to look at it while the drawing is open. XREFs can be bound into the drawing but the picture cannot. You have to send it and I guess make some arrangement so that the picture and the drawing are in the same folder.
I have been wondering about hyperlinks for this, whereby you send the drawing but post the picture on your website. This is what I understand to be the situation but I recall there is a glitch in the index to the V11 reference manual, and when you look up hyperlinks you get sent to something like walkthroughs. Perhaps this goes some way to explain the deafening silence about hyperlinking....
#4431 by Miguel Palaoro
Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:06 am
Hello Rudy,

A temporary solution could be you place the bitmap image in the same folder with your drawing, and 'zip' both files together, to be unzipped by the receiver.
(I suggest 'zip it' because if you are using a BMP file it will be better transfered when zipped=>smaller size)

When opening your drawing the referenced bitmap will appear. As Nick informed, the referenced files are not included with the host file.

But, the definitive solution for this, you will get only when DataCAD do make available an option "Pack To Go" on [File] menu. One of my wish items.

Thanks,
Miguel