Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#58276 by David Porter
Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:44 pm
Hoping someone might have a clue on this. I haven't loaded any new software and there is no new DCAD update that has been installed. I am running the latest version of v14. About a week ago, I found that my mouse buttons on my home laptop system were starting to get very sensitive but only when working in DCAD. When I hit the right button to back out of a DCAD command menu, instead of being able to then perform that function, I find that my clicking the right mouse button jumps back two steps and takes me completely out of that function. I have tried right clicking with the slightest touch but many times the mouse jumps back two steps and completely out of the function. Ironically, I have also tried hard right clicking out of the function and that seems to work to only back out one step instead of two steps when I softly right click. Hmmmm.

I checked the mouse settings in the Control Panel to see if there was a setting for the sensitivity of the mouse buttons but there is not. I am using a Logitech 3-button mouse. Strange part is that I don't find this mouse sensitivity problem happening with any other software. I am wondering if an uninstall of the mouse software and then letting Windows find the mouse and do a reinstall might fix whatever caused this behavior? I am also wondering if the springs inside the mouse (it's about 5 years old) might be changing from use and age and therefore offering this sensitive behavior?