Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#4454 by Ornery
Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:57 am
I am new to DataCAD. I cannot open my original or recovered file. The error message reads "DataCAD (internal diagnostics) fault Error from: 74".
I was importing layers but the layer names were not coming with the layers for whatever reason. So I had to go back and rename them all after they were imported. I would temporarily import the layer again to confirm which name would correspond to the poorly named layers and then hit undo. An error message would come up each time I hit undo and then the program would crash. I just made sure I kept saving and let the program keep crashing and I would keep reopening. But now it won't reopen at all and I get that error message. Any suggestions? Thanks!
#4466 by Dick Eades
Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:13 pm
If you've been letting it crash that many times, I would go into my Temp folder and clear it out, with DataCAD not running of course.