Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#59221 by Jim Allen
Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:42 am
When I say wall, I mean smart wall through this message.

Running DataCAD 15 in WindowsXP. I have a floor plan with many layers and go to views. When I go to the floor plan with the doors and windows layers on the walls have openings cut into them, as they should. Another view is the reflected ceiling plan which has the doors and windows turned off. When I go to this view there are no openings cut into the very same walls that are on the floor plan. This I think is new. This file is then xrefed with the RCP view into another file and when it is viewed there the walls have all the openings in the walls for the doors and windows that have been turned off. This was driving me crazy yesterday trying to figure out what was going on.

This is new and had me fooled for awhile. But I've reproduced it in two new small files this morning. I made a section of wall and put a door into it on a separate layer. When you turn the door off, the opening is still there. But, make a view of the wall with the door layer on and call it plan, then turn off the door and make a view called rcp. When you go to the plan view the wall and door are there. Go to the rcp view and the door and opening are gone. Xref this into a new file as the rcp view and the wall shows up with the opening still in it.

Jim Allen