Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#59346 by Clayton Taylor
Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:01 am
To all,

All things being equal, I'll be setting up a new Pc (win7) over the w/end & just wanted to know if anyone has logged on & logged off with DataCAD, say two or three times a day between Pc's & been successful. I say this because I'll be flipping to & from my old Pc (winXP) until I've fed it all the software etc. It may even take a few days until sorted, as I have to work in the meantime, hence going backwards & forwards between Pc's.

Any help or advice will be most appreciated.

Over & out,
Clayton.
#59450 by joshhuggins
Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:27 pm
Jim Allen wrote:Windows 8 adds buttons for Activating and Deactivating DataCAD15. What's not to like about that?
LOL, what? :lol: Really?
#59452 by Paul Nida
Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:04 pm
I have noticed the buttons but I haven't checked them out to see how well they work yet. I have been using Windows 8 for a couple of months now and like it for the most part. Although it does have a couple of annoying "features".
#59917 by Clayton Taylor
Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:24 pm
Clayton Taylor wrote:To all,

All things being equal, I'll be setting up a new Pc (win7) over the w/end & just wanted to know if anyone has logged on & logged off with DataCAD, say two or three times a day between Pc's & been successful. I say this because I'll be flipping to & from my old Pc (winXP) until I've fed it all the software etc. It may even take a few days until sorted, as I have to work in the meantime, hence going backwards & forwards between Pc's.

Any help or advice will be most appreciated.

Over & out,
Clayton.

Well, better late than never on this.... :roll:

I only just got around to doing this last weekend & have spent quite a lot of time this week loading stuff on the new PC....heck...I never knew it would take so much of my time loading files & programs, but all is now complete.. :D

I can report DataCAD's log-on log-off or should I say...activate & de-activate worked without any trouble at all, great. :D
I did have a slight glitch with SPIRIT, but that was easily sorted with one e-mail from Gary at SPIRIT HQ.

Win7 Pro is a bit odd in places, but am loving the speed of the new PC. The Win XPS printer/scanner drivers is cool, you can even customise a new sheet size if it's not in the stock list for large format printing... 8)

Over & out,
Clayton.
#59975 by wwwylie
Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:59 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Check this post out to setup a shortcut that activates when it's launched and deactivates it when closed.
viewtopic.php?p=57257#p57257

Could someone repost this topic in the DataCAD 15 board? I don't own a copy of the Subscription Edition, but I would like to know how to setup a shortcut that activates and deactivates automatically.
#59976 by joshhuggins
Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:07 pm
wwwylie wrote:
joshhuggins wrote:Check this post out to setup a shortcut that activates when it's launched and deactivates it when closed.
viewtopic.php?p=57257#p57257

Could someone repost this topic in the DataCAD 15 board? I don't own a copy of the Subscription Edition, but I would like to know how to setup a shortcut that activates and deactivates automatically.
Hmmmm I don't know, is it worth upgrading to ya? Just kidding ;) here is the contents of the post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Previous Post ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want to keep your Activate/Deactivate bat file in another location other than the root Datacad folder you can set the full path to the executable as shown below inside the bat file.
Code: Select all"C:\Datacad\dcadwin.exe" /ACTAUTO "LicenseID:xxxxx--password:yyyyyy"
"C:\Datacad\dcadwin.exe"
"C:\Datacad\dcadwin.exe" /DEACTIVATE

If you want to run the batch file hidden so you don't have to see the dos screen, you can make a script file to run it hidden using the code below substituting your path to where your bat file is stored, save the file with a .vbs extension (ex: Datacad Launcher.vbs) and then launch Datacad via the VBS or a shortcut to the .vbs file.
Code: Select allSet WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "C:\Datacad\Backup Files\Bat Files\Datacad Launcher.bat" & Chr(34), 0
Set WshShell = Nothing