Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#60387 by dtsutton
Tue May 28, 2013 11:44 am
I've asked this before but I am really stuck. For the life of me I can't use the hatch manager to convert my .pat files

I copy the .pat file to my hatch patterns directory but it doesn't show up in the list of external patterns. I did try it long ago and some did show up but when I click
on them they show up as a mess of lines not resembling the pattern itself. I've got the the stone patterns from Eldorado Stone an Stone Cad which I am desperate to start using.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm on version 12.

Thanks !
Dave
#60391 by dtsutton
Tue May 28, 2013 12:48 pm
Mark,

I closed Datacad, changed the file to FALSE and then restarted Datacad but the new pattern still does not show up in my list.

I re-opened the dcadwin.ini and it's back to TRUE again. I did it again and was sure to save the file before closing. Is it supposed to change back to TRUE each time ?

Thanks !!
#60392 by Mark F. Madura
Tue May 28, 2013 12:59 pm
The key will be reset from FALSE to TRUE when you restart DataCAD. DataCAD will only try once to convert any PATs to DHPs it finds in the Support Files\Hatch Patterns folder.

If you browse the Hatch Patterns folder directly using Windows Explorer, do you find PATs and DHPs with the same name?
#60393 by Roger D
Tue May 28, 2013 1:03 pm
Hatch-Pats.png
Hatch-Pats.png (192.75 KiB) Viewed 23598 times

I believe you have to Hatch/Manage/Convert and pick the .pat file
#60395 by dtsutton
Tue May 28, 2013 1:11 pm
Roger,

Thanks for the image. Do I need to add descriptions into my DCADWIN.PAT file for each of the new .pat files before it will recognize them in the hatch manager ?
#60396 by David A. Giesselman
Tue May 28, 2013 1:19 pm
Can you post the text for the first couple of patterns from your dcadwin.pat file?

Dave
#60397 by dtsutton
Tue May 28, 2013 1:43 pm
David A. Giesselman wrote:Can you post the text for the first couple of patterns from your dcadwin.pat file?

Dave

Dave,

I just managed to make it work...I think.

I pasted the new text for the pattern I wanted into my dcadwin.pat then it showed up in the list of patterns in the hatch manager. I was able to just load it rather than convert it.
Came in at a very small scale but I can use the hatch which is the main thing. I can just increase the hatch scale when I am using it.

Still, it doesn't show up in the list of patterns in the screen shot I've attached. Is this the file you wanted to see ?

Sorry, I'm really not great at this stuff.

Dave
#60398 by dtsutton
Tue May 28, 2013 1:46 pm
I've attached the screenshot
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
Here's the file I forgot to attached last time
screenshot.jpg (136.67 KiB) Viewed 23589 times
#62311 by wwwylie
Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:15 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the .PAT file be in the "Support Files\Hatch Patterns" directory, not just in "Support Files", for the conversion to work?