Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#60456 by GARY247
Fri May 31, 2013 9:50 am
When I try to get into a drawing I am getting an error message-file decompression error:101. What does this mean and what may have caused this so I can try to avoid it in the future? The drawings are being created in Datacad 15. Can errors occur with version 15 when one user has windows XP and another has windows 7?
#60457 by Mark Toce
Fri May 31, 2013 10:15 am
The message means that DataCAD encountered an error while trying to extract the compressed database from within the AEC file.

How many different files display this error?

Is the file stored on the local hard drive, across a network on another computer, or elsewhere?

If you send in a copy of the file, I can try to recover the information.
#60458 by GARY247
Fri May 31, 2013 11:42 am
I had a sessions file so there was no problem retrieving the file. The files are on a server and are worked on with individual desktop computers. The question is whether or not there will be issues with drawings if worked on with computers with different operating systems in this case Windows XP and Windows 7. The problem came up after the drawing was closed out in Windows 7 and reopened on a different computer with Windows XP. The pc with Windows XP had issues with more than one file.
#60462 by Mark Toce
Fri May 31, 2013 12:20 pm
GARY247 wrote:I had a sessions file so there was no problem retrieving the file. The files are on a server and are worked on with individual desktop computers. The question is whether or not there will be issues with drawings if worked on with computers with different operating systems in this case Windows XP and Windows 7. The problem came up after the drawing was closed out in Windows 7 and reopened on a different computer with Windows XP. The pc with Windows XP had issues with more than one file.

No, the operating system has no effect on this.
#74005 by joshhuggins
Wed May 30, 2018 12:18 pm
Also try emptying out your Datacad Temporary Files folder and move any temp files out of the job folder as well. Sometimes after a crash temp files can be left in there and Datacad gets hung up on the leftovers.
#80067 by boereboere
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:11 am
I have to do work on an old project. I have a backup file done in 2013.
When I click on the file I get decompression error 101
If I open Datacad 18, and try and open the file, I get 'you don't have permission to open this file' ....
Anybody out there?
#80070 by Mark Bell
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:17 pm
If you have a subscription plan with DataCAD send a copy of the AEC file to be fixed, otherwise, have a look in the \Temporary Files folder for a file(s) ending in $wp, make a copy of the most recent and paste into your project folder and rename it, say add a 1 at the end and change the extension to AEC then try opening that file.
Another place to check is the Recover_Archive folder, this time when using the File/open menu, change the Files of Type at the bottom to display all supported file types then open the file from the recover_archive folder. Pressing the Delete and End keys whilst the file loads will also halt the display of entities as there may be a corrupt entity causing the error so this stops it displaying and allows you to get into the file then you can do a File/Drawing Purge and work from the purged file.
Newer versions of DataCAD also have a Repair Tool accessed from the File pull down menu so see if your version has that and use that to open.