Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#61000 by ORWoody
Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:00 am
Thanks to Ron asking this question and Neil answering it, I have resolved the same problem that I was having.
I had a computer crash and replaced it. When I loaded my legacy versions of DataCAD, I got the missing DDL message. I used Neil's suggestion and now I have the legacy versions when needed and my Version 15 for all of the important stuff.
Woody
#61624 by joshhuggins
Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:27 pm
Scroll up :wink:
Neil Blanchard wrote:Ron,

You probably need to download the latest hardlock driver from the DataCAD website:

http://www.datacad.com/update/update_hardlock.html

Also, maybe you should consider upgrading to v15 - v11 came out before WinXP was out, I think?
#61639 by Nick Pyner
Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:46 am
Neil Blanchard wrote:Ron,

You probably need to download the latest hardlock driver from the DataCAD website:

http://www.datacad.com/update/update_hardlock.html

Also, maybe you should consider upgrading to v15 - v11 came out before WinXP was out, I think?

Yes, I believe XP came out very shortly after V11 and made all the original CDs out of date. Trouble is, we all forget about it. I just set up V11 under windows 7 last week. It runs fine with the new driver.
#62781 by kwrab
Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:30 am
I recently loaded my old datacad 11 on a new laptop with windows 8 and it loaded fine from the disc but when I try to load the last update (11.08.01) it won't load. I will see the installation window briefly but then it is gone and nothing happens. When I open task manager it shows the application as running but nothing happens. Is it possibly a 64bit v. 32bit issue?
Thanks.
#62790 by kwrab
Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:33 pm
It was installed in the Programs(86x) folder. Unfortunately I uninstalled it and now the install will not run from the disc as before. It gives me the administrator warning and when I clock ok it does nothing.
I think it may be a windows 8.1 issue. I originally installed it before i updated to 8.1. Unfortunately there is apparently no way back from the upgrade. any thoughts on getting it to load? the downloaded update won't load either.
thanks for your help.
#62793 by Dave
Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:33 pm
Try turning off User Account Control. The easiest way to do this in win8.1 is to use the Windows key + S to bring up the search dialogue box, type in UAC, select Change User Account Control settings. I have mine set to never notify. You can always change it back later.
Next I create a folder called apps on whatever dive the mood took. Under apps I create a folder for datacad. On my machine I have
d:\apps\Datacad14
d:\apps\Datacad15
d:\apps\Datacad16

Now I haven't installed 11 on this machine but if I did I would then right click on the install file and select run as administrator - do a custom install - and just install the parts I require.

If the install program doesn't run try turning off the windows firewall. If that doesn't work I would normally use System Restore to restore the system back to just before you installed Datacad 11 the first time BUT since then you have installed Windows 8.1 so that won't be an option.

I just did a test install of x3 on my win8.1 virtual machine and it installed without any problems. Couldn't lay my hands on ver 11. Used system restore to remove it.

Hope you succeed but if you don't maybe an upgrade is in order.

Dave
#62804 by MtnArch
Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:06 pm
Upgrade to V16 - DC LLC's added a TON of new functionality since V11 and it's well worth the upgrade price!