Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#60848 by David Porter
Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:16 pm
Is there any fix yet for the infamous disappearing xRef drawings? Am working away in a v15 drawing. Set up a self xRef of a floor plan to then change it to a color that will print light gray so it can serve as the background layer for an electrical plan. Pulled the xRef layer up a number of times and the electrical layers. Just did a refresh on another xRef (not a self-xRef) and then found that my self xRef was nothing more than a small 'x' on the screen. At this one time, seems that the Refresh process turned off the on layers of the self xRef. Didn't see any other way to get the self xRef back other than to manually turn on all of the necessary layers or to delete the self xRef and then recreate it.
#60849 by Mark Toce
Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:45 pm
We thought it was fixed, but apparently there's another variant still in there. We're working on it...

Edit: Would you be able to send me a file in which you've experienced this problem?
#60851 by galenanderson
Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:03 pm
I am having it as well, id send you a file but i've already fixed them all.

When it happens to me, its typically ALL of the xrefs disappear simultaneously.

May or may not be related but last week I had a drawing reload! all of the xrefs which is just as bad as them disappearing.
#60884 by jimgoodman
Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:37 am
As a confirmed XRef junky, thanks to the DataCAD crew for finding and fixing this.
#63062 by deliriousga
Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:09 pm
I'm still having the same problem in version 15.04.02.01 (PE). I insert an xRef and all I get is a little x at the insertion point. It happens mostly with really big xRef files like a site plan.
Last edited by deliriousga on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#63074 by Roger D
Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:10 am
Under the Insert / Reference File Management?
Unsupress All?
Hidden / Unhide All?