Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#61185 by David Porter
Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:56 pm
I don't know if this is a SU problem or a DCAD issue. I am using v15 with DCAD and SU 2013. I used to be able to save out my DCAD models as DXF's and then import them into SU and all would be great. I think that might have been previous to SU 2013. Now when I try to import either a DXF or a DWG that I had exported from DCAD, the model comes in completely flattened like a pancake in SU. It is completely unusable. If I export it from DCAD to SU and then open it up in SU, the model comes in fine.

I have just found that I get more detail with the files when imported from DXF or DWG, which is why I have not previously imported them from SU files made by DCAD. Any ideas what is happening with the DXF and DWG files in the export-import process?
#61186 by David A. Giesselman
Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:37 pm
David:

I'm assuming you don't have "Flatten all entities to zero" checked in DataCAD's DWG/DXF export dialog?

Dave
#61189 by David Porter
Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:00 pm
But, of course I had Flatten turned on. DUH!! Had that set a couple of days ago to make a DWG file for a surveyor and forgot to turn it back off. That did occur to me while sweating at the gym. At least the gym's good for something. ;-)