Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#61292 by davidvalenzuela
Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:03 am
To all,

I am still using dcad 10. I have 2 licenses. I am planning on upgrading soon but for now my dilemma is that I was attempting to install dcad on new laptops and my laptops do not have a parallel port to receive the 32 pin security key. So, I was wondering if anyone out there in dcad land had a couple of USB security keys or at least one that I could purchase. If so, please email me at brdavidmary@yahoo.com. Thank you.
#61293 by Neil Blanchard
Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:41 am
Hi David,

I'm not sure that there *was* a USB dongle for v10, and if there was, they would be incredibly thin on the ground. I think you would be far better off just upgrading now, and avoid the dongle format issue altogether. You will be able to use an amazing number of excellent new tools - and you will be helping to support the folks who have worked so hard all these years, as well.
#61299 by davidvalenzuela
Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:46 am
Thanks Neil,

That is something that I may have to do sooner than later but I was hoping to track down a key at least until the end of the year. There is a great macro that I use, it is called " keynote manager" by David Ward Jones, architect, and it is not supported by current versions. When I contacted him he told me that dead was not interested in incorporating it. So I will have to move on I guess to the current version and go thought the extra labor of developing another notation system? Do you know of a macro or add on that automates keynoting? Meanwhile I will hold out a little while longer to see if I hear of any keys out there from this forum? If not I will make the move. Thanks for your good advice!

David Valenzuela, Architect
#61301 by Neil Blanchard
Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:45 am
Hi David,

I am not familiar with that macro - what does it do? Have you tried it in v15?

Some old macros work fine (Blocker), and some don't, and some can be "replaced" with something new. I don't often work on keynotes, but maybe someone here on the Forum has a method for using XRef'd spreadsheets, or symbol text attributes?