Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#61446 by David Porter
Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:14 pm
In a file where I had used a north arrow symbol years ago, I am now not able to use that same north arrow symbol in its newly defined size to work with Symbol Scale. When I try to insert that same symbol (unexploded) and with Symbol scale, it shows up at a ginormous size. I have double checked and I am trying to insert it at the correct plot scale. I am guessing that DCAD is trying to insert this symbol from the database from a time before I had shrunk it down to work with Symbol Scale. I went into another drawing file and that north arrow will insert correctly using Symbol Scale, but I am presuming that that symbol had not been previously inserted into that other drawing.

I have Purged the unused symbols from the symbol browser for the drawing file and tried inserting again with Symbol Scale. No success. The symbol is still trying to come in very, very large. What do I need to do with this older drawing file or with the symbol for this file to be able to insert the newly sized north arrow with Symbol Scale?
#61447 by David A. Giesselman
Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:18 pm
David:

After you've inserted it into the drawing, try [Ctrl]+Right-clicking it and selecting Reload under Symbol Tools.

Dave