Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#61495 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:16 pm
HELP! DataCAD 14 seems to have disappeared on me.

It appears to open - the 14 splash screen comes up, and it shows in the Taskbar but nothing will come up. Taskmanager shows Datacad is running, but it isn't on screen.

I am running windows 7 with a dual monitor setup on my laptop. Even when I disconnect the external monitor and reboot the laptop, Datacad will not show up on the laptop screen. Please help. Of course this happens at 5:45 on a Friday!!!!!! It was working fine then I closed out of a drawing and tried to open another and nothing!!

Thanks!!!!

Aaron Ben-Avraham
#61496 by joshhuggins
Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:24 pm
Does it show up in your Windows Taskbar? What if you right click on your taskbar and select cascade?
#61497 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:36 pm
joshhuggins wrote:Does it show up in your Windows Taskbar? What if you right click on your taskbar and select cascade?

Hi Josh. It does show up on the taskbar (and in task manager), and when I right click on taskbar and select cascade only the programs I have open aside from datacad cascade - but not datacad.
#61498 by Aaron Ben-Avraham
Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:03 pm
I managed to fix it by copying my dcadwin.ini and support files folder from a recent backup into my current installation and it opened normally after that!!! Thank goodness for backups!!!!