Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#61525 by George Robertson
Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:31 pm
I did not install the reference manual when I upgraded to 15.
I have installed the maintenance updates to the current latest version.
When I recently attempted to use the reference manual, the application tells me it was not installed when I upgraded to the ver 15, and that to get it I need to rerun the setup and do a custom install, to add the reference manual. that seems simple enough.
However, the setup when it launches, detects the presence of a later version 15.2 and directs me to uninstall the current version, before I can proceed any further.

This is fail safe, but a huge inconvenience for anyone merely seeking to add something peripheral to the program that was left out in the standard install. If you know how I can install the reference manual to version 15.2 without using the setup utility and having to uninstall, reinstall and re-update the whole program, I would sure like to know your secret. Perhaps there is a .pdf of the reference manual? I would like to look something up.