Ask questions about DataCAD 20, DataCAD LT 20, or previous versions here.
#61537 by petervukshich
Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:57 pm
I have been using Datacad 10 for years with no problem. The other day when I plotted a drawing I was horrified to find that all the horizontal lines were double and even the dimension numbers were double. I checked the screen to make sure that I didn't have double lines and double numbers. Then I thought maybe the drawing was corrupted, so I tried re-drawing on a new file from scratch and then plotted again. Same thing happened. I'm beginning to suspect my old HP Designjet 430, but I can't figure out why the plotter would be at fault. Has anyone had a similar problem? Thanks for any help and suggestions.
#61538 by joshhuggins
Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:32 pm
Try printing to a PDF to see if the doubles appear.
#61540 by MtnArch
Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:32 am
The calibration on the plotter may be off, a belt may be failing, or the motherboard may be giving up the ghost. If you try to print to it from any other program (Word, Publisher, CorelDraw, etc.) do you see the same problem?

I think I still have a PDF of the service manual for the 400 series plotters (I had a 450C) that you could use to see if any of the diagnostics might help - I'll see if I can find it and PM you if I do.